Sunday, April 4, 2010

WAS asleep (ish)

Nodded off for a few minutes, started having some kind of dream involving my folks camper and people shooing arrows at me, my brother and a couple people huddling in the dark. Wasn't fully asleep because I was somewhat lucid. Woke up a minute or two before Desi's blasted alarm went off @ 6AM. My head was/is pounding from oxygen deprivation and my nose and throat feel like they're half under from anesthesia or laughing gas and my eyes are literally throbbing. Head hurts like hell, body feels all kinds of weird (like it's half jelly or something.

On an unrelated note, Candis and the kids are big holiday people. I'm not. I never thought I'd be woke up @ 6AM (even though I was awake) by kids to see what the easter bunny brought (I want that damn bunny, he must be made of gold with all the stuff he got them.)

I find it darkly amusing that so many christians are having a christian easter and their breakfast will be easter eggs and chocolate bunnies. What they're blind to is the fact that they are using pagan traditions and symbols to celebrate the resurrection of their savior. Ostara (aka Easter) was a pagan goddess of fertility, child-bearing and spring and her symbols were the hare and the egg. The egg to represent a woman's womb and the rabbit for it's breeding capabilities. The spring festivals gave worship to her but when christianity conquered most of the pagans they decided to distort the traditional celebration by throwing jesus waking up in a cave after hanging around too long. I suppose I'm christian and could be pagan but a day is a day and a lie is a lie. Are the christians bad pagans or bad christians? The world may never know and I don't care. But I laugh at the irony of it. People make this day so important because of their faith, but the meaning behind the day is distorted by hundred-year old methods of forcibly converting a conquered people.

Of course the day could have meaning because it inspires faith, but then again any day and every day should be able to do that.

I know... I'm going to hell. I always knew I was and have not attempted to deceive myself on that fact for many years now. I also know that Candis loves spoiling the kids on holidays. Which is why we got up @ 6AM to see what some made-of-gold bunny dropped off.


-Andy-
"Life is Worth Dying For"

No comments:

Post a Comment